16.10.11

museum of natural history & academy of taxidermy (part 1)











If you have found yourself sleeping too well at night lately, and you'd like something really disturbing to do, but that small kids will really enjoy, you could go and see the Museum of Natural History, which is also the Academy of Taxidermy. Its in Guildford. I have quite a few photos, so for no real reason I've split the post into two: a) stuffed animals, and b) other weird shit.

The dog in the last photo was just inside the door and I thought it was one of those shop dogs, just having a rest. So I started talking to it. Then, as I slowly realised what type of place I'd walked into, I realised it was definitely not having a rest.

The, er, objects, inside the museum are... well... eclectic. Pieces of taxidermy, plastic dinosaurs, sharks, skeletons, a cupboard full of dead birds in bags. No particular historical or geographical theme. No accompanying information. It was definitely interesting, and anyone under the age of eleven will think it is fantastic.

No comments: